Our privacy practices are subject to the applicable laws of the places in which we do business, so we have added region-specific terms that only apply to customers located in certain geographic regions, or as required by applicable laws.
1. Scope of This Notice
- Visit the Site and engage with its interactive features.
- Create and maintain an account a ShopGoodwill.com.
- Make a purchase or other transaction including payment.
- Post a comment, review, or otherwise provide content to the Site.
- Subscribe to or engage with our newsletters or other electronic communications.
- Communicate with our service representatives or features (including via chat functions, email, text, or phone).
- Third-Party Sites. Websites, apps, videos (embedded or direct links), or other content (each a “Linked Site”) to which we link that are not operated by us. Linked Sites have their own personal information collection and use practices, and we are not responsible for those practices. We encourage you to read each Linked Site’s privacy disclosures to understand how your personal information is processed.
- Workforce Members and Candidates. Our processing of the personal information of job applicants/candidates and workforce members is not governed by his policy.
- Non-Personal Information. Our processing of information cannot be linked to an identifiable or identified individual. We may process this data for any legitimate business purpose.
2. Personal Data We Collect and How We Use It
2.1 Personal Information You Give to Us
We collect the following categories of personal information you provide to us, including the following:
- Your Personal Details. For example, your first and last name, email address, phone number, physical address, job titles, and other contact information you provide.
- Account and Other Identifiers. For example, a username, screen name, handle, account ID, assigned user ID, customer number, or similar identifier that can be used to identify and user or account.
- Commercial Information. For example, your order history, auctions participated in, and payment history.
- User Content. For example, emails and text messages, photos, videos, audio recordings, customer support communications, comments/feedback, and any other content submitted by you.
- Survey data. We may contact some individuals to request participation in a survey or other general research. If you choose to take part in these, you may provide personal information, in or along with your survey responses, or in any other feedback or comments you give us.
- Messages and email data. We collect information about you when you send, receive, open, read, or otherwise engage with messages, emails, or other communications in connection with our Site, including whether you have opened or acted on those communications.
- Other Personal Information You Provide. If you provide us personal information other than that described above, we will collect it and use it for the purposes for which you provide it or other consistent purposes.
- Payment processing information. For example, the form of payment, payment card number and details, bank account number, payment service provider, and other payment information you provide. We use a third-party processor to securely collect this information on our behalf and do not store payment card information.
2.2 Personal Information We Derive Through Your Use of Our Site
We permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our websites for analytics and advertising, including to help manage and display advertisements, to tailor advertisements to your interests, and provide metrics on advertising effectiveness. The third parties use their technology to provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests which may appear either on our websites or on other websites.The information we collect using these technologies includes:
- Device and Browser Identifiers. For example, an assigned user ID, IP address, or similar identifier that can be used to identify your device.
- Coarse Location Information. A general approximation of your location that is not based on global position system (GPS) information
- Browsing and Search History. Information about the content you view and searches you make on our Site(s).
- Website Log and Usage Data. Information related to our pages you viewed, the services and features you used or interacted with, your browser type and details about any links or communications with which you interacted.
- Advertising Metrics. Information about the advertisements you have viewed on our Website.
Because the “Do Not Track” browser-based standard signal has yet to gain widespread acceptance, our Website(s) currently does not respond to those signals.
2.3 Personal Information We Collect From Others
We mostly collect personal information directly from you or based on your interaction with our Site. However, we also may collect personal information from third-party sources. These include our sellers of products on our Site (“Sellers”), our Business Services Providers, Marketing and Advertising Providers, government entities, our Goodwill OC affiliates, security services providers, other individuals, social media platforms, and other users of the Site.
Even if you haven’t opened an account on ShopGoodwill, your information might still be collected. Some users may choose to share information about their contacts, including their name, email address, phone number, or other information. Users may also post or comment with personal information about other users.
3. What We Do with Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of reasons. Depending on how you interact with our Site, these include using personal information:
- Fulfill transactions made on the Site. We use personal information to process orders, ship goods, ensure delivery of goods, facilitate payments, and conduct related accounting.
- Policy Enforcement including enforcing our terms of service and related policies.
- Advertising & Marketing to send advertisements and marketing material via physical and electronic mail relating to product specials and other promotional events or offers, perform marketing research and data analytics, and perform similar activities.
- Contextual and Behavioral Targeting to provide contextual customization of ads shown as part of an interaction with our website or application, using tracking technologies like cookies and pixels.
- Counting Ad Impressions & Website Interactions to audit interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements, count ad impressions to unique visitors, verify position and quality of ad impressions, and perform similar activities.
- Customer Service to provide customer service, maintain and service products and accounts, provide training for quality assurance purposes, and perform similar activities.
- Fraud Prevention to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Processing Transactions to process or fulfill orders and transactions, verify customer information, process payments, and perform similar activities.
- Defending Against Claims & Litigation to defend against or respond to potential or actual claims and litigation.
4. Our Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following:
Sellers. We share personal information with Sellers on the Site to facilitate billing, delivery, accounting, payment, and other activities related to the transaction. For example, if a product you purchased is being shipped to you, we will provide your mailing address to a Seller to facilitate the shipping.
Business Services Providers. These are those persons or entities with whom we have a relationship to provide business operations services and support to Goodwill OC and the Site. These providers may include the following:
- IT Operations Providers. These include cloud computing service providers, internet service providers, data backup and security providers, functionality and infrastructure providers, and similar service providers.
- Operations Providers. These include service providers with whom we partner to provide day-to-day business operations, including payment processors, security vendors, business software service providers, and shipping companies.
- Professional Advisors. These include lawyers, accountants, consultants, security professionals, and other similar parties when disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, prevent or respond to fraud or abuse, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our customers, and the public.
Marketing and Advertising Providers. These include advertising, direct marketing, and lead generation providers, affiliate marketing program providers, retargeting platforms, data brokers, ad networks, marketing consultants, and similar services providers.
Legally Required Parties/Governmental Entities. Persons to whom we are required by law to provide information, such as pursuant to a subpoena or a court order.
Reorganization. Persons involved in the consideration, negotiation, completion of a business transaction, including the sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, or reorganization, and any subsequent integration.
Authorized Disclosures: To any party when authorized by the individual to whom it pertains to share it.
5. Publicly Posted Content
Goodwill OC users may have the ability to post content to one or more Goodwill OC forums, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personal information in any forum, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features. You may request and obtain the removal of such posted content by contacting us at Support@shopgoodwill.com and specifically identifying the content to be removed. Please be advised that any such removal does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of all traces of the content posted on the Goodwill OC forums.
6. Data Security
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure is perfect, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
7. Users Located Outside the United States
The Site is operated by Goodwill OC, and we are located and operate in the United States. By submitting personal information to us or visiting our Site, you understand that your personal information will be processed in the United States. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States, or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information, may be different from the laws and protections in your country. Our Site and services are not targeted to individuals in jurisdictions outside of the United States.
8. Your Privacy Preferences
You can control the collection and use of personal information for some of our processing activities in the following ways:
- Adjusting Communication Preferences
Emails From Goodwill OC: If you wish to no longer receive marketing email communications from us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email or email us at Support@shopgoodwill.com to let us know, and we will remove you as soon as possible. Opting out of marketing or newsletter emails will not opt-you out of all emails—we may need to send you transactional or similar emails related to your Goodwill OC account, purchases, legal or contractual updates, or similar topics. You are not able to opt-out of these emails.
- Blocking Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but you can alter how your browser responds to cookies by adjusting the settings. Information about managing cookies for popular web browsers can be found in the links below:Safari(Desktop) and Safari Mobile (iOS)
Many websites, including ours, employ Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics data collection, follow these instructions from Google.
9. Privacy Related Requests
Some jurisdictions provide covered individuals with specific privacy rights which can be exercised against covered entities—which do not typically include non-profit organizations like Goodwill OC. While we make every reasonable effort to honor the privacy requests of visitors to our Site, we do not voluntarily commit to complying with laws that do not apply to Goodwill OC. However, we commit to respecting your privacy by allowing you to submit requests related to the following:
- Access and Portability. To know (or confirm) what personal information we have collected about you and to receive a copy of it.
- Deletion/Restriction. To request that we delete personal information we have collected from you or restrict how it is used.
- Correction/Rectification. To request correction of inaccurate personal information maintained by us. In most cases, you can simply update your information within your account.
- Opt-out of Targeted Advertising: To opt- out of receiving targeted ads based on your personal information.
You may make a request regarding your privacy preferences emailing us at Support@Shopgoodwill.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period (if properly submitted) and in accordance with applicable law. If we need more time to process and respond to your request, we will notify you of that fact along with the reason for the delay. If we decline to act regarding your request, we will inform you of our decision and the reason for it, and, if applicable, with instructions on how you may appeal our decision
10. Children’s Privacy
Our Site is not intended for persons under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of individuals under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us their Personal Information, please contact us at Support@Shopgoodwill.com.
11. Contact Us
If you have any complaints or concerns regarding our Site or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-492-1150.
For California residents, the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254 or by writing the California Department of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Information Center at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112, Sacramento, California 95834.